- This event has passed.
MAN2209 Medical Assistant Pinning Ceremony (Levittown)
December 19, 2023 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Hunter Business School holds Medical Assistant pinning ceremonies for students who have successfully completed their classroom and lab work and are about to go out on externship, where they work under the direction of a medical provider at an actual facility, such as a doctor’s office or urgent care center.
They are given words of encouragement, told what to expect, and are congratulated on officially entering the medical field. It signifies the completion of the requirements of the program. The Medical Assistant Creed is recited, and each student is called to the front of the room and pinned by a faculty member.
Medical assistants are multiskilled members of the medical team. Not only do they help with exams and minor surgery, but are trained also in front office duties, scheduling appointments, and processing insurance. They do lab work, as well, such as checking blood sugar, performing throat cultures, and checking cholesterol, just to name a few responsibilities.
Medical Assistant Creed
- I believe in the principles and purposes of the profession of medical assisting.
- I endeavor to be more effective.
- I aspire to render greater service.
- I protect the confidence entrusted to me.
- I am dedicated to the care and well-being of all people.
- I am loyal to my employer.
- I am true to the ethics of my profession.
- I am strengthened by compassion, courage, and faith.