Federal Student Aid



Tap here to get to the homepage of Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education.

Tips for Parents

Federal User ID and Password

A Federal Student Aid ID is a username and password combination that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on Department of Education websites, such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

If you are a parent of a dependent student, you will need your own Federal Student Aid ID if you want to sign your child’s Application for Federal Student Aid electronically. If you have more than one child attending school, you can use the same ID to sign all applications. Each ID user must have a unique e-mail address.

Your Federal Student Aid ID is used to sign legally binding documents electronically. It has the same legal status as a written signature. Do not give your ID to anyone, not even to someone helping you fill out the application. Sharing your ID could put you at risk of identity theft.

Go to Federal Student Aid ID to apply.

How to Create an ID

Free Applications

Go to Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and StudentLoans.gov. FAFSA is used to determine your eligibility for a PELL Grant, money the U.S. federal government provides for students who need it to pay for school. Go to StudentLoans.gov to complete the loan application (Master Promissory Note). Here new students complete the Entrance Counseling process, and graduating students go through Exit Counseling.

When filling out the required information, you will need Hunter Business School’s school code. It is 015599. It will take approximately three to five days for the school to receive your completed application. Should you have any questions, contact the Financial Aid department at Hunter.

How to Fill Out the Form

Dispute Resolution

The Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group of the U.S. Department of Education is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to Direct Loans, loans under the Federal Family Education Program, Program loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans. The Ombudsman Group is a neutral, informal, and confidential resource to help resolve disputes about your federal student loans.

To resolve disputes, please contact the Department of Education at any of the following.

  • Federal Student Loan Disputes
  • 877.557.2575 (phone) or 606.396.4821 (fax)
  • U.S. Department of Education, FSA Ombudsman Group, P.O. Box 1843, Monticello, KY 42633