Looking for a rewarding career in the tech industry? You can become a web application, web coding, or website designer at the right career college. Web Application and website design students should learn disciplines of web design, web coding design, and interactive design.
What Is Web Application and Website Design?
Web application and website design encompasses many different skills and disciplines in the production and maintenance of websites, web coding, and web applications.
- Web Graphic Design – the art and practice of planning and projecting ideas and experiences with visual and textual content.
- User Interface Design (UI) – design and coding of user interfaces for machines and software with the focus on maximizing usability and the user experience.
- Web Authoring – creating web documents using modern web authoring software and tools. Web authoring software allows users to navigate the environment of HTML and web coding by offering a different kind of graphical user interface.
- User Experience Design (UX) – enhancing user satisfaction with a product by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction with an application or website.
- Search Engine Optimization – the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine.
What Is Interactive Web Application and Website Design?
Web design integrates interactive design to make the application or website environment both easier to use and logical. Interactive design happens when designers focus on creating engaging web interfaces with logical behaviors and actions. Interactive design consists of six main components.
- User Control – understanding the user’s needs and expectations while creating the website or application.
- Responsiveness – a way of developing web properties so that the device used determines the way that the site will be displayed. This normally focuses on the principle of mobile first.
- Real-Time Interaction – ability to easily design and implement dynamic interaction strategies using a highly intuitive interface that combines context with inbound and outbound decisions to deliver a consistent brand experience.
- Connectedness – a feeling of belonging to or having affinity with a particular person, group, or brand.
- Personalization – the practice of dynamically tailoring the design to the wants and needs of the user.
- Playfulness – a design that is relevant and interesting.
Ready to start a career as a web application, web coding, or website designer? The tech industry is growing, and web application and website designers are in high demand. The web application and website design program at Hunter Business School will prepare web application and website designers for entry-level positions in the tech industry.
Contact us today if you are interested in learning more about starting a career as a web application designer.